Ganpati Bappa Special Ukadiche Modak
UkadiChe Modak is a popular Maharashtrian recipe which you can prepare on special occasions and festivals at home especially. It has a major significance during the Ganesh festival, as it is believed to be the most loved dish by Lord Ganesha.
It is quick to make and won’t take much of your time and effort.
Ingredients (For Serving 12 modak):
- 1 and 1/4 coconut
- 1/3 cup and 1 and 1/4 teaspoon powdered jaggery (Gudh)
- 3/4 cup and 2 and 1/4 tablespoon rice flour
- 3 and 3/4 tablespoon mixed dry fruits
- 2 and 1/2 dash green cardamom
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 1/4 cup and 2 and 1/4 teaspoon sugar
• To make this Maharashtrian specialty
• take a bowl and add grated fresh coconut in it.
• Add shredded dry fruits, powdered jaggery, powdered sugar and cardamom powder in the same bowl and mix well.
• Now to prepare the dough for the modaks
• add rice flour in a bowl.
• Make a well in the rice flour and in the center pour some hot ghee.
• Mix well and add little water to make a soft dough.
• Take small portions from the dough and roll them into small puris with the help of a rolling pin.
• Now, put a tbsp of the already prepared coconut-dry fruit mixture in the center of the poori.
• Seal the edges of the dough using your hands.
• Shape the dough like a traditional modak.
• Repeat this and shape the remaining modaks.
• Place the modaks in the steamer and steam them for approximately 15-20 minutes.
Serve hot or cold to relish the inner stuffing of modaks.
- To enhance the taste garnish modaks into a little amount of ghee
- We stored these modaks in cold place to keep them fresh for 2 days and if we want to keep them fresh for a day store modaks at room temperature.
- For a business purpose serve ukadiche modaks in plastic as well as stainless steel container which are easily available in the market.
you can also prepare a cake for Bappa as a welcome treat: https://onlinefoodrecipe.com/how-to-make-pineapple-cake-at-home/